Zipp's 808 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake wheels make you faster with an 82mm rim depth that's fast, stable in crosswinds, and now tubeless ready. That means you get all the aero benefits with having the ability to run lower tire pressure for increased cornering grip and compliance and reduced rolling resistance, without the risk of pinch flats. These wheels are infused with technologies developed in our Indianapolis advanced development lab—Zipp's ABLC Sawtooth Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency, and Zipp's ShowStopper textured braking surface delivers unrivaled rim braking performance in wet or dry conditions. At the center of the 808 Firecrest Tubeless rim-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1.
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage airflow around the rim and contributes to a faster, more stable wheel
- ShowStopper textured brake track delivers superior modulation and shortest stopping distances in wet and dry conditions
- Tubeless technology ensures secure performance even when ridden at lower tire pressures
- New ZR1 hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Ships with QR end caps and quick release skewers
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Rim||Carbon clincher, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Rim brake|
|Hub||ZR1 Rim brake|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||18mm|
|Extras||Quick release skewers|
* Subject to change without notice.