ONLINE PRODUCT AVAILABILITY
- Our online inventory is refreshed daily to reflect our in-store and supplier stock.
- Sales that occur during the day that affect our inventory will not be reflected on the website until the evening refresh period.
- There may be situations where an item appears in stock on the website which has been sold in store before this refresh period.
- In the case where an order has been made for an item that shows as in-stock that was sold before the website is refreshed, we will order the item from our supplier as soon as the order is processed and contact you if the item is back-ordered.
- Due to the effects of COVID-19 on the supply chain of cycling products, the availability of parts and bicycles are limited. In response, we will try to ensure you receive the products you are looking for, recognizing that in some situations we will not be able to do so.
- If an item you ordered is on backorder we will contact you to let you know the ETA of the product and give you the option to place the order with a backorder, knowing it will come at a later date (note: these dates may change) or allow you to cancel the order and be refunded by your original purchase method.
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES
- We are not able to control the inventory of our suppliers, which may affect your purchase. In the case of inventory shortages from our suppliers, we are not responsible for sudden changes in the ETA of products that will affect your purchase. This can include items that were shown as in stock from our supplier that were ordered and go out of stock at the time of processing.
- This can also include items that were shown as in stock from our supplier that were ordered and become backordered for any reason. Note: that when this occurs, our suppliers do not notify us of these changes.
- Due to our high volume of layaways and online orders, we cannot guarantee that we will contact you should these types of changes occur to your purchase. If you have any questions about the status of your purchase, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We offer 10% off parts and accessories at the time of bike purchase.
- No labor charges for installations up to a maximum value of 10% of bike purchased.
- All break-in related adjustments are covered with the purchase of a new bike. Wear and tear, however, is not.
- We offer a one-time post-purchase service which includes a full bolt check, adjustments of brakes and derailleurs, lubing of chain and pivots and inflation of tires.
- We offer free system updates for electric-assisted bikes purchased from us for the first year (date of purchase).
- We also offer free delivery for all new bikes.
- Bicycle inventory is currently limited due to seasonal demands & the effects of covid-19 on the global supply chain. We have a number of bicycles on backorder with a broad range of approximate delivery dates. To allocate a back-ordered bicycle to yourself we require a deposit*. The allocation of bicycles is on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact us at email@example.com
- In the event that we do not have the exact item you are looking for, a special order may be possible. Special Orders, with the exception of bicycles, must be paid in full at the time of purchase and are considered final sale. A special order is defined as anything we do not normally keep in our inventory.
- For Special Order bicycles, we require a 50% deposit at the time of order.
- A restocking fee may apply if you don’t purchase the item.
ONLINE BIKE ORDERS
- Bikes purchased online for in store pickup will be assembled by one of our trained technicians, who will build and inspect the bike. The bike will be fully assembled and ready for you to pick up in store. Any bike accessories purchased at time of bike can be installed for you at this time.
- Bikes purchased online and shipped to you will be pre-assembled by our trained technicians before delivery, then packed in a bike box for shipping. Once the bike arrives you may need to attach some parts such as but not limited to; wheels, handlebars, pedals etc.
- Our in-store and online inventory are shared, and a balance is maintained to serve both online and store customers. We reserve the right to alter or cancel orders that significantly affect our inventory balance. We will contact you if your order extends beyond our set limits.
- Due to the inventory shortages from COVID-19, we will be unable to supply bike shop orders for multiple units. We reserve the right to cancel any orders that we have identified to be for a bike shop. You will be notified of this cancellation and will have your order refunded.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
- We want to make this simple - If there is a problem with a product, it doesn't fit, or it simply didn't work out, you can initiate a return.
- All returns must be initiated within 30 days of original purchase date or from received date for all online orders.
- To Initiate a Return please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Return Authorization number (RA#) for your return. Please include the RA# on the outside of the box with the items being returned.
- All return shipping costs are to be covered by the customer, original shipping is not refundable unless there was an error with your shipment. We will refund the original purchase amount (minus shipping costs) when the item has arrived and been approved for return/refund.
- Items must be in new, unworn/unused condition with original tags attached and in it's original packaging. Merchandise that appears used, doesn't have original tags or packaging will not be eligible for a refund.
- Special order items (non-regularly stocked items coming from the warehouse) are final sale items and or may be subject to a restocking fee, up to 20%.
- Labour fees, such as custom wheel builds or other services, are non-refundable.
- Shipping fees for non-damaged, or correctly identified items, are non-refundable.
- Gift cards are non-refundable and are exempt from promotions and discount/promo codes.
- Promo/discount codes cannot be combined with other codes and or promotions including the 'etransfer' promotion.
- Sale, closeout and Items purchased using a promo code are final sale.
IN-STORE PICK UP
- In-store pick up is FREE for all orders and items.
- In-stock items are usually ready for pick up within 1-2 business days, but we will contact you once it is ready for pick up.
- Special order items, or items coming from a 'warehouse', take approximately 3-10 business days to arrive at the store (some items may also require more time due to availability, shipping or for processing or assembly).
- You will receive an email once your order is ready for pickup - PLEASE WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION THAT YOUR ORDER IS READY BEFORE PICKING UP.
- You may be asked for your order confirmation email and/or photo identification when picking up.
- If you need an item right away, please call or email: email@example.com to confirm that the product is available before heading over to our store.
- Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 30 days or a 10% restocking fee will be charged and the balance credited to your in-store account.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
We are proud to be the only shop in town offering FREE LOCAL DELIVERY for your online purchases. Our delivery area is limited to the Greater Victoria area (see map) and is available during select hours, Monday - Friday.
When your order is ready, we'll call or email to arrange free delivery for a day & time that work for you.
Deliveries are done Monday through Friday, and include the following areas:
Unfortunately, we cannot offer free delivery to Sooke, the Malahat and beyond, or the Gulf Islands at this time, however all online purchases can be shipped to these locations with free shipping over $50 (exclusions apply).
WANT TO BOOK A PICK UP/DELIVERY?
KIDS BIKE TRADE IN PROGRAM
- We offer trade ins on kids bikes originally purchased at Oak Bay Bikes, get up to 50% of original purchase price to use towards a new kids bike.
- Program is restricted to 1 trade-in per bike purchased
- New bike purchased must be higher value than original value of trade in.
- Wear and tear is expected, basic integrity of the bike must be intact, however. Any bike in serious disrepair is not eligible for trade-in.
- Must have proof of purchase/original receipt from OBB to be considered for trade-in program.
- If the purchase was made under your name and you agreed to be entered into our customer database it may be possible to look up your original purchase.
*Conditions may apply and are subject to change without notice.