THE OAK BAY BIKES ADVANTAGE
Since 1934, our mission has been to serve you and your bike better by providing a world-class customer experience that goes beyond anything you will find elsewhere. We take pride in being exceptional and are constantly innovating to bring you a different, top-notch experience.
We've been voted Victoria's Best Bike Shop for over a decade, with these amazing customer benefits:
- 12,000 square foot retail shop
- 4,000 square foot industry leading service center
- Over 100 years combined mechanical experience, Bosch & Shimano certified
- Unrivaled selection of the best bikes from the best brands, in every category
- Test rides in our large safe parking lot or on quiet neighbourhood streets in Oak Bay
- The Island's only Demo on Demand Program - allowing you to try an e-bike for a few days at no cost, no obligation. We'll bring it to you and pick it up.
- Large rental and demo fleets
- Professional in-shop bike fitting (complimentary for new bicycle purchases over $2,000)
- Convenient online shopping, virtual Shopping & live web chat
- Free Post-Purchase Service's - covering any break-in related adjustments, with every new bicycle purchase
- Free pick up & delivery for all service appointments & purchases
- Happy Kids Trade-in Program
- Free kids t-shirt with every kids bicycle purchase
- Flexible layaway & financing programs
- In-shop clinics & events
- Free parking for cars and bikes (off Foul Bay Rd)
- And...our famous homemade brownies!
Oak Bay Bikes is proud of it's almost 100 year history in the community. From the shop's humble beginnings in 1934, just two doors over on Oak Bay Ave, to it's now 12,000 square foot, 3 level, retail space on the corner of Oak Bay Ave and Foul Bay Road, the store has continued to be a mainstay of the local cycling scene and broader community. Karl Ullrich, the shop's current owner took over in 1988 and has guided the shop through the continued evolution of bicycles, retail and customer service.