Online Product Availability
Our online inventory is refreshed daily to reflect our in-store and supplier stock. Sales that occur during the day that affect our inventory will not be reflected on the website until the evening refresh period. There may be situations where an item appears in stock on the website which has been sold before this refresh period. In the case where an order has been made for an item that shows as in-stock that was sold before the website is refreshed, we will order the item from our supplier as soon as the order is processed and contact you if the item is back-ordered.
Inventory Availability During COVID-19
- Due to the effects of COVID-19 on the supply chain of cycling products, the availability of parts and bicycles are severely limited. In response, we will try to ensure you receive the products you are looking for, recognizing that in some situations we will not be able to do so. In the case that an item you are looking for is affected by significant backorder or is unavailable, we will endeavor to find a suitable replacement. If no replacement is available, we will then work with you to ensure an adequate resolution.
- Understand that as Oak Bay Bicycles prepares for the holiday season with a shortage of stock, many items will be of interest to multiple customers. In the event that a product under shortage is of interest to multiple customers, we will reserve the product for the individual that is first able to purchase. In the case that multiple payments have been made on the same item, we will defer to the customer that has paid first and refund other customers. In this situation, we will work with the customer to find a suitable replacement or work to ensure an adequate resolution. We understand that in some scenarios, this will not always be feasible, but we ask for your patience and understanding until our store is able to run at full and complete capacity.
Parts and Accessories
- We are not able to control the inventory of our suppliers, which may affect your purchase. In the case of inventory shortages from our suppliers, we are not responsible for sudden changes in the ETA of products that will affect your purchase. This can include items that were shown as in stock from our supplier that were ordered and go out of stock at the time of processing. This can also include items that were shown as in stock from our supplier that were ordered and become backordered for any reason. Note that when this occurs, our suppliers do not notify us of these changes. Due to our high volume of layaways and online orders, we cannot guarantee that we will contact you should these types of changes occur to your purchase. If you have any questions about the status of your purchase, please contact the store.
- We offer 10% off parts and accessories at the time of bike purchase.
- No labor charges for installations up to a maximum value of 10% of bike purchased.
- All break-in related adjustments are covered with the purchase of a new bike. Wear and tear, however, is not.
- We offer a one-time post-purchase service which includes a full bolt check, adjustments of brakes and derailleurs, lubing of chain and pivots and inflation of tires.
- We offer free system updates for electric-assisted bikes purchased from us for the first year (date of purchase).
- We also offer free delivery for all new bikes.
- Bicycle inventory is currently limited due to seasonal demands & the effects of covid-19 on the global supply chain. We have a number of bicycles on backorder with a broad range of approximate delivery dates. To allocate a back-ordered bicycle to yourself we require a deposit*. The allocation of bicycles is on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the event that we do not have the exact item you are looking for, a special order may be possible. Special Orders, with the exception of bicycles, must be paid in full at the time of purchase and are considered final sale. A special order is defined as anything we do not normally keep in our inventory.
- For Special Order bicycles, we require a 50% deposit at the time of order.
- A restocking fee may apply if you don’t purchase the item.
ONLINE BIKE ORDERS
- Bikes purchased online for in store pickup will be assembled by one of our trained technicians, who will build and inspect the bike. The bike will be fully assembled and ready for you. Any extra accessories can be installed for you at this time.
- Bikes purchased online and shipped to you will be assembled by our trained technicians before delivery.
- Our in-store and online inventory are shared, and a balance is maintained to serve both online and local customers. We reserve the right to alter or cancel orders that significantly affect our inventory balance. We will contact you if your order extends beyond our set limits.
- Due to the current inventory shortage arising from COVID-19, we will be unable to supply bike shops for the 2021 season. We reserve the right to cancel any orders that we have identified as for a bike shop. You will be notified of this cancellation and will have your order refunded.
Returns & Refunds
OBB strives to supply our customers with the right product for your intended use. If you feel this has not been achieved we invite you to return the product for an exchange or refund within 30 days of purchase.
- OBB reserves the right to charge for wear and tear to the product as a result of extended use.
- The original receipt/proof of purchase will be required. All transactions made under your name can be retrieved. Best: sign up and use your name whenever making a purchase.
In-Store Pick Up
- In-store pick up is free for all items. In-stock items are usually ready within 1-2 business days. Special order items, coming from a warehouse, take approximately 5-10 business days to arrive at the store. Items may also require more time for processing or assembly. We will call or email you once your order is ready for pickup. Please wait for confirmation that your order is ready before picking up. You may be asked for your order confirmation and/or photo identification when picking up.
- If you need an item right away, please call us to confirm that the product is available before heading over to our store. Unless special arrangements are made in advance, orders need to be picked up within 30 days or a 10% restocking fee may be charged and the balance credited to your in-store account.
Free Local Delivery
Need your new bike or other purchases delivered? We've got you covered. Whether you're just too busy - or, don't have a way to transport your bike - we're happy to take care of it, at no extra charge!
Deliveries are done Monday through Friday, and include the following areas:
Unfortunately we cannot offer free delivery to Sooke, the Malahat and beyond, or the Gulf Islands at this time, however all online purchases can be shipped to these locations.
Want to book a delivery or pick up?
|Orders less than $50||FREE||$20|
|Orders $50 and over||FREE||FREE|
|Oversized Items||FREE||Not eligible for shipping|
Kids Bike Trade-In Program
- Trade in original kids bike (purchased at OBB) and receive up to 50% of the original purchase price toward a new bike from OBB.
- Program is restricted to 1 trade-in per bike purchased
- New bike purchased must be higher value than original value of trade in.
- Wear and tear is expected, basic integrity of the bike must be intact, however. Any bike in serious disrepair is not eligible for trade-in.
- Must have proof of purchase/original receipt from OBB to be considered for trade-in program.
- If the purchase was made under your name and you agreed to be entered into our customer database it may be possible to look up your original purchase.
*Conditions may apply and are subject to change without notice.